Georgia Homeowners Fund Distributes Over $30 Million
ATLANTA — The Georgia HAF has distributed more than $30 million in financial assistance to Georgia homeowners since the program launched.
Congressman David Scott, (GA-13) and Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA) Commissioner Christopher Nunn announced the launch of the Georgia Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) in January and nearly $30 million have been spent on Georgian homeowners since the program’s inception.
The state of Georgia received $354 million in stimulus funds through the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 to help Georgia homeowners who have suffered significant financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. 19. These funds were administered by the Georgian Department of Community Affairs. HAF funds are designated to help eligible homeowners reinstate their mortgage, reduce loan balance or specify housing expenses. Eligible homeowners can receive up to $50,000 in assistance, payable to the lender or service agent. The amount received is based on program requirements.
Basic eligibility requirements include:
- The owner experienced an ordeal caused by the pandemic, after January 21, 2020.
- Pandemic-related difficulties have resulted in a significant loss of revenue or a significant increase in expenses.
- The Georgia house is the primary residence.
- The mortgage (if there is a loan) has reached compliant limits at the time of origination.
- Applicants’ total income meets the region’s median income limits at the time of difficulty or at the time of application: 100% to 150% AMI
“Over the past few months, our team has worked diligently to review and process applications to get funds into the hands of eligible owners,” Commissioner Nunn said. “This program relies heavily on our loan service processors, who have been instrumental in helping homeowners in need.”
Homeowners can visit georgiamortgageassistance.ga.gov to apply. Applicants must provide a driver’s license, mortgage statement, and tax returns and/or income verification documents.
For more information, contact DCA at email@example.com or 1.877.519.4443.